Saturday, April 3, 2010

Awesome Friday!

"Awesome" is such an over used word today.
"How was your day?" "It was awesome, we...."
"How was the water park? "There was an awesome slide...."
"That's an awesome sunset." and so on. What things are really worthy of this title.
As I was out planting in the flower bed yesterday I began pondering on the awesomeness of God creativity. It was His idea to make a small seed that, with the correct care, will grow a root system to keep it anchored in the ground, and a variety of leaves and petals that come in a rainbow of colors. He would be worthy of the title "Awesome" just as the creator of the world. But then when I start thinking about Easter and what it really is about, Awesome is almost not a great enough word.
People can argue the case for their god all they want, but Easter is what sets my God apart! On Good Friday He took on my sins, the sins of my family members, my children; felt the loneliness when His Father turned away from Him, and the awful physical pain as he hung on the cross and physically died. THAT'S AWESOME! Do you know anyone who would be willing to do that for you? The Awesome thing that set God apart for all the other imposers..... Easter! He did not stay dead! He defeated death, that literally blows me away- its awesome! As our oldest says, "He rolled the stone back and the band-aids came off." :)
So much more than a God is creative, or can grant my wishes, I'm so glad to have a Savior who conquered death and now rules on high.
So this Easter I hope you have a wonderful time with family, but most of all I pray that you will stand in AWE of our might God who saves!

1 comment: