Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finding the bright side of the ribbon :)






A few weeks back when we had all our snow and ice I had a little fall while carrying one of the twins across the yard. I am now complete with 1 of my 3+ weeks on crutches (and still surviving thanks to my wonderful family). Going from a mom that hardly gets to sit during the day (especially in 1 spot) to trying to navigate a tri- level house with 4 small ones running around your injured leg and having to pick a spot and stay there most of the day has been a challenge. I have taken some refuge at the folding table that never seemed to get cleared enough to be put away after the holidays. (Sometimes it does pay off to not get something crossed off you to-do- list.) :D This table is in the kitchen and over the last several weeks had become our catch all spot for school projects and my crafts. Since my kids like to eat alot and its the main floor of the house and it is a place I can sit w/ my leg up and still keep an eye on most things going on it has been a great set up. And if you are going to sit there while you watch the house get messed up and dust collect you might as well have something to ease your mind of all the things you can't physically get done. So thus has begun my adventures in hair bows. :) My girls and nieces are gonna have the most decked out hair in town by the time I get to walk again ;D. We are experimenting with ribbons, flowers, fabric.... if it's w/in arms reach (or I can explain where its at) this getting made into an accessory. (BTW- don't tell my former self what I have become she wouldn't believe you anyway. Something about having 4 super cute daughters will change a lady!) Here are some pictures of the results of my boredom. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment