Tuesday, December 14, 2010

babies are growing up

You know your "babies" are growing up when they call you by yuor 1st name instead of mama.
The twins are having a hard time going to sleep today and have been talking/ singing in their beds for about 30 minutes. I have tried laying them down and rubbing their backs, etc. without success. I left to for awhile to see what would happen, and I hear the sweet 2 yr. old voice, "Mama poopy." I thought if was probably just a trick to get me in the room again so I wait and a minute later hear her say, "K-Tina, I poopy." I did go that time, she's never called my by "my name" before so figured it had to be real. She was perfectly dry and sweetly smiles up at me and says "Sissy poop" her sister confirms so I check her only to find she is dry as well. They just laugh. They have defiantly been perfecting their "twin language" and can now use it to plan and trick mama! :)
We have been thinking about giving potty training a shot over Christmas, if this keeps up I think they might be successful at it. They know what their bodies are trying to do, its a start. Now helping them learn only certain people can call me certain names, which is hard I know since I have so many (even some of my adult friends have been confused at what to call me;)) Just not ready for them to be so grown up!:) I'll always be "mama."

No comments:

Post a Comment