Friday, December 3, 2010

toddlers rule

All parents know that the toddler years are interesting, busy, and full of surprises. These young children have unspoken rules, and when you have multiple children that fit into this category there are many amusing as well as frustrating moments.
If you have one 2 yr old, then that toys is hers, there is no contest. I am blessed with two 2 yr old and a 3 and 4 year old. So the old toddler rule of: I want it, it's mine; can cause quite a rowdy scene around our home.
Some of the consistent rules of a toddler I have found in my days of parenting:
- I saw it, it's mine.
- I want it, it's mine
- You have it, I can get it, it's mine.
-I beat her to it, it's mine.
- You let me use it, its mine.
- You set it down it's mine.
-You ever thought about getting me, one it, its mine.
- I'm giving you cute puppy dog eyes, it's mine.
- She's had it long enough (in my opinion), so now it mine (forever).
-It light's up, its mine.
-It talks, its mine.
- It sparkles, it's mine.

The list could continue.......................... on and on................................... :) ......................... but you know what I'm talking about.


No one ever had to teach us to be self centered (or most of the other not so pleasent attributes we have). And some say we are naturally good! Anyone that has spent a good amount of time with a kid, or looked honestly at themselves, can see that is totally false. We are a depraved and sinful people, even as cute toddlers.

Praying that during this season so fulled with 'things' and the 'stuff that I need to be mine' attitude that we are not overcome with ourselves, but that we are overwhelmed with the love a Savior that gave so we could have life. How many rulers/ false gods ever gave of themselves or resources so that the lowly could become part of their family/ inheritance?

I do look forward to the joy and excitement that will fill those 8 beautiful eyes of our children on Christmas, and I hope the same for our family and friends.
May you find many opportunities to fill your home with Christ as we prepare for His glorious birthday celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment